Sign in to follow this  
Bigscott55

Black preview screen Win7 DX10 off

I have FSX insatlled on Win7 unlitmate. ATI 4850 1 GB // Pent 4 3.2 GhzWith DX10 preview unchecked, the preview screen in free flight is completely black.All latest drivers installed.The only extra thing I have installed into FSX is Squawkbox4 and IVAPThis sucks because it means only DX10 comaptible addons work... som basically almost NONE of the freeware out there will work..WORST PART - seems to have happened after I installed Win7 which is awesome-Scott

Guest firehawk44
I have FSX insatlled on Win7 unlitmate. ATI 4850 1 GB // Pent 4 3.2 GhzWith DX10 preview unchecked, the preview screen in free flight is completely black.All latest drivers installed.The only extra thing I have installed into FSX is Squawkbox4 and IVAPThis sucks because it means only DX10 comaptible addons work... som basically almost NONE of the freeware out there will work..WORST PART - seems to have happened after I installed Win7 which is awesome-Scott
Don't understand what DX10 preview has to do with your problem. Is the preview screen black when DX10 preview is checked? Some others within this forum have had problems with the black screen too but I could not find where it was solved. What aircraft are you trying to load or is it black as soon as you boot up FSX? If the aircraft.cfg is corrupted in any way, you'll probably get a black screen until it is fixed. Your dll.xml may be corrupted too. I assume you stated yes when asked if you want to load a gauge when first loading addon aircraft? If they are not properly registered in the FSX.cfg, that could cause an aircraft not to show. I've had the black screen on occasion too and fixed it by waiting until the aircraft fully loaded or shut down FSX and restarted it again. If your system is overclocked, that could be causing your problem too as many other simmers have had strange issues overclocking their system too much. FSX works perfectly for the majority in the Windows 7 32/64 bit environment. I suspect you have something corrupted or FSX did not install properly. I would attempt a repair first with FSX and Acceleration (if installed). If it doesn't fix the issue, then I would completely uninstall, then reinstall (ugh!). You are right about FS9 and earlier aircraft are not compatible with DX10 unless the developer issued an upgraded version or you get a converter. Flight One Software sells an AddonConverter that supposedly converts FS9 files to FSX. Not sure of how successful that product has been but it might be a solution for you.Best regards,JimBest regards,Jim

Don't understand what DX10 preview has to do with your problem. Is the preview screen black when DX10 preview is checked? Some others within this forum have had problems with the black screen too but I could not find where it was solved. What aircraft are you trying to load or is it black as soon as you boot up FSX? If the aircraft.cfg is corrupted in any way, you'll probably get a black screen until it is fixed. Your dll.xml may be corrupted too. I assume you stated yes when asked if you want to load a gauge when first loading addon aircraft? If they are not properly registered in the FSX.cfg, that could cause an aircraft not to show. I've had the black screen on occasion too and fixed it by waiting until the aircraft fully loaded or shut down FSX and restarted it again. If your system is overclocked, that could be causing your problem too as many other simmers have had strange issues overclocking their system too much. FSX works perfectly for the majority in the Windows 7 32/64 bit environment. I suspect you have something corrupted or FSX did not install properly. I would attempt a repair first with FSX and Acceleration (if installed). If it doesn't fix the issue, then I would completely uninstall, then reinstall (ugh!). You are right about FS9 and earlier aircraft are not compatible with DX10 unless the developer issued an upgraded version or you get a converter. Flight One Software sells an AddonConverter that supposedly converts FS9 files to FSX. Not sure of how successful that product has been but it might be a solution for you.Best regards,JimBest regards,Jim
I can only run FSX with DX10 prewview CHECKED. It happens when i laod The black screen only occurs when I have the DX10 UNcheckced... AWESOME!! just repaired first off my FSX ISOs then Acceleration... BOOM the preview screen works in NON DX0 mode sweet... now lets try a flight... WORKING...thanks... Im gonna start installing addons ill let you know if i run into any problems

Guest firehawk44
AWESOME!! just repaired first off my FSX ISOs then Acceleration... BOOM the preview screen works in NON DX0 mode sweet... now lets try a flight... WORKING...thanks... Im gonna start installing addons ill let you know if i run into any problems
Glad to see the repair worked!Jim