Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsfly

Painting Aircraft

Guest fsfly

Hello,Need some help and guidance. First let me say, I am not sure I am posting in the correct forum topic, but hopefully if there is somewhere else I need to go in the AVSIM forums, one of you good folks out there will point me to the correct place.As for my questions, I would like to get into painting some aircraft. I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0 loaded on my PC, and I have downloaded a bunch of different aircraft "repaint templates" from the "Ultimate Traffic" website for their UT Product. They have a section on aircraft templates which I believe come from the PAI folks. The templates are in ".psd" format for Photoshop. When I look at the "templates", they remind me of my younger days of building plastic models whereby all the different pieces and parts of the aircraft are laid out flat. 1) How do I get these templates into Photoshop? 2) Once there, what do I do next? 3) Provided I get past steps 1 and 2 and get a repaint going, when done, I assume I must save it someway, then how do I now get my "new creation" into an aircraft for FS?Bear in mind I am very new to Photoshop, so I have a learning curve to go through there. I have already printed and read the tutorial on "Painting using Adobe Photoshop" from "The Jet Doctor" website, but I am still a little fuzzy on what it says.If anyone can give some good step by step instructions, or point me to some other good tutorials I can read for painting aircraft in Photoshop, I would appreciate it.Thanks, Joe :-)