Sign in to follow this  
Guest Widget747

FSX mission help....

Guest Widget747

Hi guys, new to these forums and fairly new to the Flight Simulations. Currently using an older Logitech Wingman Force Feedback joystick, which works pretty good, but one day i'de like to get a proper setup to have a better experience :), but at the moment, a couple things I'm hoping you experts could shed some light on;I'm doing the Monsoon mission of FSX, but towards the last corner before the approach, it goes off couse. Basically as the mission starts, I leave the plane in Autopilot mode and just adjust the bobs whenever Tower tells me to (ie, drop to 6000ft, turn right heading 215' ect..).I get to the last corner, I get told over the radio (and copilot) to turn left heading 050', so I adjust the heading nob to 050, but the plane doesn't turn and follow the course whihc is show on the GPS, it stops turning at 050 but it's not lined up.. it looks like the approach stretch is more on a heading of 030 or somthing.. has anyone complete this mission or have heard this problem before ?I suppose I could adjust the heading a bit more, or take off AP, but im still learning to control the larger planes and AP, especially in storms.Another mission is one where I have to fly to some port, deliver some mail, then fly to another location (cant remember mission name, sry :S), problem is, by the time I get to the 1st location, I;m out of Fuel :\ .. and I cant see a pumping station anywhere. Am I suppost to preset fuel load/weight etc..Last mission, Flying people to Area51 .. first time i did this mission, I taxied no problems, took off ect.. but lately, I can't even reverse out.. I start the engones (1st time i played the mission i didnt have to :\), but after starting hem, I can't move and it sounds/loosk like the engines power up, but then rev down, power up, rev down ect.. The Engines LCD screen in the cockpit show there's no Oil pressure, but I cant figure out how to fix.. any clues.Also, are the "Spoilers" the same as "speed brakes" ?I'm also looking at getting model/scenery/tecture packs. I've downloaded a couple from flightsim.com, which are ok, though I can't get Virtual Cockpit to work.. does anyone know of any Massive packs that I can download where it has tonnes of changes, and if possible, one where i can run a auto extraction and it'll automatically place files into he correct folders ?I did come accross a link on this here forums which shows clips of a pack from "Orbx", which I'm currently checking out, but any recomendations would be great. :)Thanks :), and really sorry if these questions are a little silly,

I've done all those missions so I can help.1) If you go under the kneeboard (shift+F10) and then under charts or something like that... you will see an ILS approach chart and it will give you the final approach course. Maybe the course controller says is wrong. And idealy you wanna be doing an ILS approach (do you know how?).2) I think it's called San Juan island run or something like that? And no you do not preset your fuel EVER. It will give you enough fuel, if you fly properly you will certainly have enough. Actually I've never been short on fuel in a mission.3) If you hit Sift+E they will autostart, If you don't like to do that, that go under the kneeboard and somewhere there is an engine start checklist for the B737. And yes spoilers ans speed brakes are the same thing.

Guest Widget747

Hi,Thank you for the reply, and very very sorry for replying so late,

1) If you go under the kneeboard (shift+F10) and then under charts or something like that... you will see an ILS approach chart and it will give you the final approach course. Maybe the course controller says is wrong. And idealy you wanna be doing an ILS approach (do you know how?).
I've never done an ILS, sorry. I'm still getting use to using GPS/NAV. i can 'kinda' use AutoPilot, but still on the stage of Instrument Flying. :S
2) I think it's called San Juan island run or something like that? And no you do not preset your fuel EVER. It will give you enough fuel, if you fly properly you will certainly have enough. Actually I've never been short on fuel in a mission.
Hmm, will have to try again. I always fly stright to the destination unless raidio/co-pilot tells me to fly in certain directions at certain speeds.
3) If you hit Sift+E they will autostart, If you don't like to do that, that go under the kneeboard and somewhere there is an engine start checklist for the B737.
Done, got plane up in the air and completed mission, thanks :D