Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomrocks

System

I am planning to get a new system put together. its a must cause this 810e i have now has no futureHere it is:ASUS P4C800 Deluxe w/ twin 512 DDR 333Mhz for now... (http://motherboards.bizrate.com/marketplace/product_info/details__cat_id--419,prod_id--7577292.html)P4 3.0 Ghz 800 Mhz (spendy ####)(http://motherboards.bizrate.com/marketplace/product_info/details__cat_id--403,prod_id--7435526.html)Salvage old twin 20's cause HD space isnt an issue yetSalvage Ethernet, sound and GeForce FX100$ case and 60$ pow sup1. How do you think of my proposed system (besides cost)2. Should i wait for next Pentium or other new tech (open for advice)3. Other comments... Please i really need some advice...

Guest panzerschiffe

Well if you can hold out a couple of more months, you might want to see about the Intel Prescott Pentium series offerings. They're supposed to be the real future of the Pentium CPU, not these P4C CPU's. EDIT: You might have to buy some PC3200 RAM to go along with the P4C if you haven't got some already.

This is what i want to here thanks. lol no i dont have PC3200 i have POS ram at 100 Mhz on this rig lol

Guest DanWalloch

I built a system with a 2.4Ghz P4, combined with a 128MB radeon 9500Pro and 512MB DDR pc2700, its a very nice system for a good price.

How much did you pay and did u salvage anything?

If all you play is Flight Simulator, you won't need much beyond a Radeon 9700 as far as speed goes. Right now, I'm running the newest one fine on a Overclocked Radeon 9500 Pro and a P4 1.6 Northwood overclocked to 2.4. However, would be nice to go with some more speed, cause FS is a major system hog, I'd say chip speed with a 2.4 Northwood would be fine, you can overclock it to 2.8 or 3.0 usally. For a video card, I'd go with a Radeon 9700 Pro, either that, or a Radeon 9500 Pro and a Gig of Ram. Expect to pay about 180 for the chip, and about 250 for the Video card if you go that route.However, if your planning on playing something like HL2, you need to wait a little, and go all out with a Radeon 9800 Pro and somewhere near a 3.0 processor, as HL2, and most games based around it's engine (Which will be nearly everything) will need such a system to run.http://www.oldsameplace.com/avsig1.jpg

I plan to run HL2 actually and its bads news to hear that because I dont know when ill be getting my new system and i was hopeing to get HL2 right when it comes out :( ThanksEDIT: Ya i just took a look at the HL2 screenshots and all i can say is im screwed :(

Guest tomrocks

hey, i was wondering how do u over clock your processor and wat does it do for you? and if a beta tester could answer this, if i can run fs2002 on full settings for everything what am i too expect when i get fs2004? will i be able to do the same or will i need to adjust the settings?Thanks