Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest treeman

New Scenery Project

Recently I have been flying around the UK in Fs9 and using Google Earth to plan flights. Then a few days ago I realized that there are very few of the abandoned and deserted RAF stations depicted in fs9. Some scenery projects like UK2000 depict the ones that are under use as glider fields and there are a few others in the library here at Avsim but there is not a project anywhere that contains many or all of the fields that have been long decommissioned but still have well defined grass patches where runway used to be. Aren't these old bases still useful for emergency landings and navigation? After thinking this over I think I would like to undertake this project and try and make a scenery containing many of these bases. Before I can start I will need input on this:1. Would anybody actually use this scenery?2. What should be included in it?3. Are there any airfields that MUST be in it?4. Is there any sort of website containing a database of disused fields?5. Should this project be done using small photoscenery polygons of the field or drawing polygons using default textures?Thank you for your input I hope to start on this project soon.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!