Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Scenery Creator

Just wondering what is the best AND most of all easiest scnerey creator program?

Be sure to ask this question in the scenery design forum.... A brief overview:There are several aspects to scenery design, each with their own tool or offering of tools. These include~Mesh design, for "molding" the landscape into mountains and valleys~Shoreline design, for defining where land ends and sea begins~Landclass design, for determining which ground textures will be assigned (i.e. is your hometown surrounded by farmland vs. desert?). Landclass design can change such things:~Building design--design of custom 3-d buildings for specific cities~Airport design~Photoreal scenery designSince I wrote one of the Landclass Design tools (Landclass Assistant), I'm partial to that. For building placement and airport design, I really like Derek Leung's scenery creator. But the great thing is there are enough tools to suit the way people work. There are alternate tools to landclass design, as an example. Having those choices, like having FSDS 2 and GMAX for aircraft design, allows for more people doing more projects at once.Hope this helps--and certainly, ask your question in the scenery design forum...-John