Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

What to do when the flight planner does not work?

Hi,Last night I tried to use the flight planner to make a flight from PANC to UHMD, well it sent me half way around the world.Is there any way to force it to take some particular waypoints?.Or are there better flight planners than the default one?.ThanksDan.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's a bit tedious, but you can edit the created flight plan to fly you intersection-to-intersection across the oceans. I've found that long trans-oceanic flights just won't compute at all. (Boston-London goes via Africa, for example.)Start with a GPS flight plan, which is point-to-point from departure to arrival. On the flight map, display VOR's and Intersections. Then drag the flight plan line with the mouse to the small dot next to the VOR or Intersection name. (You may have to zoom in to see it.) This will insert the new point into the flight plan. Do this a few times and you can create any path you want.If the computed Jetways flight plan is reasonable at the start, you can also use that and delete the bad points, and then start from the last good point with your editing.

Hi,Thanks for the reply, I will have to do it "long hand" then :).Dan.