Sign in to follow this  

Interesting

Tonight I took my first test flight in the new FFX DC-10 (yes, i know im behind the curve but i cant break away from my FFG DC-10 NWA:) ).I noticed something very odd.When i was cruising the aircraft needed about a 5-6 degree nose pitch up angle to maintain level flight (.82 at FL340).Im used to about a 1-3* angle. I dont know what the real angle is anyway.So it seamed like it was haveing a hard time staying level.But on approach, I was having a hard time staying DOWN. I have about 30 degrees out of 50 flaps down with 19000 LBS fuel at 140 Kts.I needed about 2-3 degrees pitch down to stay at -800 to -1000 Decent rate. I just barely got a chance to flare out or i would have floated big time. Now whats even odder is that I forgot to put the spoilers down i was using on descent so i actually approached AND landed with spoilers partialy up (degree unkown) unintentionaly, yet still had this problem. It seems odd to me.Any ideas?Overall i am very happy with the aircraft, especially the GMAX work :)its very awsome :)

Guest odog

funny... I just d/l'd it earlier today. I know, I dont fly heavies... but I found out my fav baseball team (cubs) use the dc-10 to ferry the player to and from games. I flew the Blackhawks schedule last year (grueling) and had a lot of fun. so I wanted to get the real plane for the Cubs. I was using the Falcon50, cuz my team rides in "style"but I was unable to control the 10, and enjoy it. again, those who know me have never seen me w/o a fan in front of me, so Im not the guy to ask. just thought I'd let you know I had major problems myself. I just blamed me... I thought i just needed more practice..02joe

Really? Who do they charter it from? Up here, the Mariners use the same chartered 757s that some bigshot underling of Bill Gates uses. I know the Braves use Delta (for obvious reasons), but no idea on the rest of the leagues.