Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest RiPo220

Turn Coordinator in DC-3

First, I must say that the DC-3 is really a well-done airplane and I like the zoomed IFR panels.I tried doing some partial panel flights with the artificial horizon and heading indicator disabled, but then I noticed that the turn coordinator does not operate as expected. It does not display an accurate 2 minute turn. Instead, it seems to display the bank angle so that low speed will cause the turn to be way too fast.I am using FSX and Windows 7, maybe this causes this behaviour but I would really appreciate some advice how to solve this. Replacing the turn coordinator with one of the default turn coordinators looks quite strange.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First, I must say that the DC-3 is really a well-done airplane and I like the zoomed IFR panels.I tried doing some partial panel flights with the artificial horizon and heading indicator disabled, but then I noticed that the turn coordinator does not operate as expected. It does not display an accurate 2 minute turn. Instead, it seems to display the bank angle so that low speed will cause the turn to be way too fast.I am using FSX and Windows 7, maybe this causes this behaviour but I would really appreciate some advice how to solve this. Replacing the turn coordinator with one of the default turn coordinators looks quite strange.
You really should check the PPrune forums for the answer. It's waaaaay beyond the scope of FS. To be honest, if they've modelled Looping Error with this degree of accuracy, as well as the lead/lag error from anglesof bank then it would make it the most accurate reflection of an instrument yet seen in a simulation.