Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Air5877

Installing MS FSX

Guest Air5877

I have repeatedly tried to install MS FSX and it fails each time. There is no problem with disc1 but when prompted to insert disc2 I cannot get the DVD tray to open and a warning comes up on a panel headed Roxio DLA and then:DLA has located files on your disc that are currently in use. To avoid possible data loss, save any changes to open files, close any open applications and retry this operation.I have done a search and there are no FSX files on my computer from previous attempts to install (i deleted 8 files in all). I also emptied the recycle bin and rebooted before trying the latest installation which again failed at the same pointI then have to cancell the InstallShield Wizard rolls back and when that is complete I can then open the DVD trayI am using XP and my system was checked as to whether or not FSX would run on it and I was given 100 per cent confirmationAny ideas?

That's not a FSX-problem, it's a Roxio problem. Try stopping any Roxio-service that is apparently running in the background. I just googled for Roxio DLA and apparently it is software that enables you to drag files directly to a cd-r for burning. I also read that there are issues with Vista (and probably Windows 7). My advice: stop the service or uninstall it altogether and then see what happens.

Guest Air5877
That's not a FSX-problem, it's a Roxio problem. Try stopping any Roxio-service that is apparently running in the background. I just googled for Roxio DLA and apparently it is software that enables you to drag files directly to a cd-r for burning. I also read that there are issues with Vista (and probably Windows 7). My advice: stop the service or uninstall it altogether and then see what happens.
Thank you for that. I will have to look into how to stop the program running

Guest Air5877

I can confirm that DLA was the problem with regard to installation of FSX. I disabled DLA and everything went smoothly from thereon. I have only now to install SP1 and SP2 (which I will leave to another time)Many thanks for the help :(

I can confirm that DLA was the problem with regard to installation of FSX. I disabled DLA and everything went smoothly from thereon. I have only now to install SP1 and SP2 (which I will leave to another time)Many thanks for the help :(
You should really install at least SP1 to get the best out of FSX, if you are adding the latest planes you will need sp2.