Sign in to follow this  

FS2004...whats the skinny on "blurries"

I read a while back that they were not entirely fixed...how do the new users find the situation...better? Worse? Any fixes found?(kinda a peeve of mine, albeit with a pretty low end system, to be expected...)Thanks,DaveKCOSstill lookin'locally...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dave,On my system (2.8 Ghz (800 FSB), 1 gig 3200 DDR, Radeon 9500) there are still a more blurry textures than I expected. (note, I haven't tweaked the settings too much)But there are so many improvments to the program - I wasn't as dissapointed with blurries as I expected.ed

Realize that some blurries in the distance is actually realistic. As the image gets further away from us, the resolution gets "softer" because ot the distortion of light in the air.If there were no blurries at all, then It would be unrealistic as well.Actuall blurries don't upset me as "amazing" magic mountains that form valleys and ridges before your very eyes. If they could make THAT more realistic, it would be great.

Oh, that's an easy fix...EARTHQUAKE_SWITCH=0:-lol If it were only so easy!!Gotta love it tho!Dave