Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapHavoc

CoF and PILOT's B314 Clipper?

Howdy,Anyone know if the excellent b314 Clipper (and associated scenery) by PILOT's GbH works in FS 2K4?TIA.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes it will, but you have to go through some girations to install it.Be sure to copy your .key file into the fs9 directory (at least if you're using the download version of the Clipper - I don't think the CD version needs this.)Then - here's the trick - copy your "fs9.cfg" file from it's current location to the fs9 directory and rename it "fs2002.cfg". The installer checks for the presence of the fs2002.cfg file before it will proceed. Once the Clipper is installed, you can delete the fs2002.cfg file.

Howdy,Excellent! And thanks for the install tip (whilst I won't have 2K4 until sometime after August 11, have noted your instructions for future reference!).

Techazoid,Do you have trouble with climb and cruise performance with the CLipper in FS2k4? I got it working and all seems to be well except the engine performance. During climb if I reduce MP to 32 "HG as instructed, she can't even stay level, never mind climb.

I know this post is quite old but I've just acquired the Clipper and I'm having the same problems. Climb is ok but engine performance is completely wrong. In order to cruise at 115kias I need well more than 30inHG and consequently 50gal/h from each engine is pure dream.Someone found a workaround?