Sign in to follow this  
Guest GrouchoMarxist

What is the real deal with 2004 and undocking? Confused...

I don't have 2004 yet, but have been reading about the undocking woes with multiple monitors.Is it a case of...1) An extra unecessary step has been added (having first to go into window mode and then undocking and dragging to other monitors then full screening again), but after that it's basically the same as 2002?2) Multi-monitor has been FUBAR'd and, for instance, you now can't set up a multi-mon configuration for a plane and have it start up the same way every time (like it does now in 2002)or 3) There's some other serious blight that I haven't been able to glean just by reading the messages here?I could live with 1) but I'll be weeping if it's 2) or 3).Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, it ain't what it used to be. Here's the scoop.1. You cannot undock a sub-panel in full screen mode and move it to another monitor. 2. You CAN undock a sub-panel in windowed mode. 4. You CAN then switch to full-screen mode and the sub panels will remain on your second. 3. You can save a flight in windowed mode with panels on multiple monitors, and it will load up fine, panels spread across the monitors in windowed mode.4. You cannot save a flight in full screen mode, with panels on multiple monitors. You get just the main monitor in that case. Pain in the butt. So much for "enhanced" support for multiple monitors. Good thing the clicable VCs work so well. This will put a lot less of a premium on this. Colin Ware

One question WHY did they do this?, It has got to be an oversight by MS, I was going to try find it this weekend but Im totally put off by this. Once you have used multi monitored systems such as in Fs2002 which worked flawlessly, there is NO going back to flightsim with one monitor. 20 inches of monitor vs my 60 inches of monitors ,I dont think so. MS PLEASE FIX THIS.

>3. You can save a flight in windowed mode with panels on>multiple monitors, and it will load up fine, panels spread>across the monitors in windowed mode.Colin; Just so I get this nice and crystal clear....So basically then as outlined in point 3 above, I can save a flight in window mode with multiple monitors, start it up and then switch to full screen for the primary monitor and the other panels will stay put?Because if so, while annoying and ridiculous, it is at least bearable.Did I get it right?Thanks in advance once more.