Sign in to follow this  
Guest skyrick

3 Issues With VOXATC

Guest skyrick

New to VOXATC and have discovered it has the potential to be the greatest addition to FSX. Excellent program and am loving it. Have built an authentic Robinson R22 cockpit with all the working switches and controls. My main computer runs a projector with an 80" screen with a second networked computer running 3 monitors to display instruments, a Saitek instrument panel as a compass, and is also running VOXATC.Problems:1) The Robinson R22 is not displayed in the VOXATC panel menu to add the VOXATC panel. I have added it to the panel.cfg manually and is displayed when the R22 is loaded, however when a flight plan is loaded VOXATC advises something like "Robinson R22 is not a valid FS Aircraft." Anyone know why the R22 is not listed as an available aircraft? Has anyone had it as an option? Look at your panel menu, I bet it's not there (tried on 3 computers). 2) I have plenty of AI aircraft generated by VOXATC (FSX sliders set to 0), however they are all Mooneys. That's all I see. Does anyone else have other general aviation aircraft, Cessnas, helicopters, etc?3) VOXATC appears to not support multiplayer or networks, however when operating from my second computer (in multiplayer shared aircraft) VOXATC does export AI aircraft to the main computer. It will work while networked, however it doesn't matter what aircraft you select from the main computer, the second computer (running VOXATC) will always think you are in the aircraft which is saved in your default flight on the second computer. This is fine but VOXATC will use the callsign from the default flight regardless of what aircraft is actually displayed on both computer's monitors. Don't think there's a solution there, but would be a big improvement to have network/multiplayer support in a future release (By the way, FS automatically disables default ATC in multiplayer, which is why I purchased VOXATC in the first place). Anyway, all this can be worked through. The main problem is that FSX cleverly alows you to import a flight plan (.pln) from one computer to another and reloads the flight on both computers in multiplayer. The problem (which has been discussed in many forums here), is the VOXATC doesn't seem to recognise these without exiting the flight and starting by loading the plan and then starting a new flight after selecting aircraft/etc. on the main screen. Again, FSX loads and recognises a plan while inflight from the file menu, but VOXATC doesn't appear to (so, doesn't seem like a FS problem, but an issue with VOXATC). Is there anyway around exiting the flight and loading the plan and new flight from the main menu (this isn't an option in multiplayer as exiting the flight disconnects you from the session and will only alow the situation to be sent from the host computer)?