Sign in to follow this  
terrypin

Following a prepared GPX file?

I'm a novice FSX user using it more for Slewing than Flying!I'm hoping the experts can help me work out how to do the following please.I have GPX files I've made of tracks from walks/hikes or road tours. I want to get such a file into FSX and have it follow the track automatically. So that I can take screenshots of various types along the way The files are made either from actual GPS recordings or tracks I've planned in programs like Memory Map or GPS Utility, etc. Or even in Google Earth, after converting its KML output to GPX.Can this be done please? I know FSX has GPS capabilities so I'm optimistic, although from my first look a while ago this seemed very complicated. Almost seemed to assume the user was already a pilot! So ideally I'd like a simple step-by-step example, and then I expect the penny will drop. :( --Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I'm a novice FSX user using it more for Slewing than Flying!I'm hoping the experts can help me work out how to do the following please.I have GPX files I've made of tracks from walks/hikes or road tours. I want to get such a file into FSX and have it follow the track automatically. So that I can take screenshots of various types along the way The files are made either from actual GPS recordings or tracks I've planned in programs like Memory Map or GPS Utility, etc. Or even in Google Earth, after converting its KML output to GPX.Can this be done please? I know FSX has GPS capabilities so I'm optimistic, although from my first look a while ago this seemed very complicated. Almost seemed to assume the user was already a pilot! So ideally I'd like a simple step-by-step example, and then I expect the penny will drop. :( --Terry, East Grinstead, UK
No one with any advice on this please?--Terry, East Grinstead, UK