Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Best Vid Card for under $200?

Guest CarlHill

Getting ready to go from 1.6ghz to 2.6/800. I will need a new Video card also, the old GF3 ti200 has seen it's day. What's the best going for less than $200? I've debated on the Radeon 9600 Pro v.s. one of the newer Nvidia's. I can find arguments for either, but it seems that the Radeons are having some real issues with FS 2004.CH

Guest CarlHill

P.S. I am also considering Win XP finally. Does this help also? It will be tough saying goodbye to good ole Win98se!!!CH

Guest DanWalloch

I'm running a radeon 9500Pro, exellent card for its class. Its been replaced by the 9600 and 9600Pro which actually tends to run slightly slower the the 9500Pro (don't know why ATI ever changed). But as you've read the posts about the menu flashing probs with ATI card for 04, I'd still suggest them. I've found that going from an Nvidia fan to an ATI user, the the Radeon 128MB 9500Pro runs more stable than my previous nvidia cards.

Guest PaulL01

For around the $200 tag the FX5600ultra can't be beat (these arent the old dogy 5600, these have 400core 800mem), faster than 9500Pro without the FS2k4/ATI driver problems.There is a nice comparison of all the latest cards over at Tomshardware.com for best new mainstream card their pick was also the 5600U, but you should continue to check it out and ask around