Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Midnight

w7 / widows xp or what

Hello folks out there i have a problem with well everything at this point so i will deal wiith one prob at a time.me myself i enjoy fying my sim more than anything , it is a great passion to me to do this.i get frustrated when i spend more time tweaking than flying, but i guess that is the beast.what i need to know is that i just bought the w7 ul 64 b and i know that there are some great tweaks on how to get the most out of it.nicks tweaks i have a question on, is his tweaks for xp and vista and can i use his tweaks for w764.im sitting here all ready to go with a night of headaches to get my system up and running so that i can enjoy fsx.i have nicks tweaks but is it for w7.if not is there one out there that can get me the most to run fsx .i decided to go for it to stay up with the latest.right now im running xp64 and its all right if you can handle 9 to 10 fps with level d and all of the fixins.my main com i have xp64 running fsx,traffix x, gex, rex,leveld and various other addon planes.on the second com i network widfs, radar contac, asa, fscommander.like i said if you can deal with about 9 ,10 , maybe 11 or 12 fps on the ground and when im high up in the air well i will get and impressive 16 to 20 fps and at night it will get a whopping 19 , 20 fps.my system e8500 cpu, 4 gigs , 270hd,liton drive,ativa dvd drive.so im asking for some good ways to get it done right .Thanks......a long time simmer......Robert

Guest firehawk44
Hello folks out there i have a problem with well everything at this point so i will deal wiith one prob at a time.me myself i enjoy fying my sim more than anything , it is a great passion to me to do this.i get frustrated when i spend more time tweaking than flying, but i guess that is the beast.what i need to know is that i just bought the w7 ul 64 b and i know that there are some great tweaks on how to get the most out of it.nicks tweaks i have a question on, is his tweaks for xp and vista and can i use his tweaks for w764.im sitting here all ready to go with a night of headaches to get my system up and running so that i can enjoy fsx.i have nicks tweaks but is it for w7.if not is there one out there that can get me the most to run fsx .i decided to go for it to stay up with the latest.right now im running xp64 and its all right if you can handle 9 to 10 fps with level d and all of the fixins.my main com i have xp64 running fsx,traffix x, gex, rex,leveld and various other addon planes.on the second com i network widfs, radar contac, asa, fscommander.like i said if you can deal with about 9 ,10 , maybe 11 or 12 fps on the ground and when im high up in the air well i will get and impressive 16 to 20 fps and at night it will get a whopping 19 , 20 fps.my system e8500 cpu, 4 gigs , 270hd,liton drive,ativa dvd drive.so im asking for some good ways to get it done right .Thanks......a long time simmer......Robert
Does Nick N's recommendations cover addons or just the default FSX? I know he speaks about changes to the UTX configurations. I don't think he includes all the addons out there. So you have to make some modifications when dealing with addons. First of all, AI traffic and water are the two biggest frame rate killers (reading Nick's guide and my own experiences). So these are the first two items you should take a serious look at when you using addons like LevelD, Captain Sim, and PMDG aircraft, to name a few before every flight. These addons will bring down your fps just a bit more than the default aircraft depending on the view (i.e., spot view, vc, 2d cockpit). If you're not flying over water or you want to fly at night, you can turn water off or reduce it considerably. You'll have to reduce AI too. And, if you throw in FSX's weather or an addon weather program, you'll have even more strain placed on your system depending on the weather. So you have to give and take and do some in flight tweaks to get the best fps for your favorite situations. So if you have great fps with the LvlD 767, an addon weather program and AI set to 50% and maybe water turned down, then you can save this configuration and call it "Flying the LevelD". Do the same for other addons and name the configuration accordingly and you'll have a pretty good setup whenever you start up FSX and select the appropriate configuration. A little tweaking of your configs here and there and you'll eventually find the "holy grail" for your computer system. Hope this helps and Happy Flying!!!Best regards,Jim