Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

Flatten switches limit?

Guest danowat

Hi,First of all, I know the flatten switches are old hat, BUT, I am currently downloading a load of alaska mesh files, in the readme it say that I may need to add flatten switches to stop sunken airports, is there a limit to the amount of flatten switches I can have?.ThanksDan.

Guest danowat

Anybody?.Sorry its not a FS2004 post, but some of us have not "dumped" FS2002 yet!!!.ThanksDan.

Guest sgreenwood

You are limited to a maximum of 10 flatten switches per scenery area (numbered 0-9). You are also limited to rectangular areas.You can get around both of these limitations by using flatten bgl files instead. I have created a small utility that makes this process relatively easy. You can download it at:www.fs-traveler.com/flatten.htmlUnfortunately, flattening airports will not be of much use to you because the runways are not affected. They are useful for correcting elevations of lakes and rivers, however.Good luck.Steve

Guest danowat

Hi Steve,Thanks for the reply, I will check out your utility.ThanksDan.