Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Rob Young_Marchetti

Well, I have now flown the real thing. On July 26th,2003 I traveled to Livermore, CA. to fly with AircombatUSA. Spent a little over and hour Dogfighting in the SF260. I quit flying about 30 years ago. This was my first time back with a stick in my hand.The real plane is an absolute dream to fly. The stick requires almost no input. It feels like the plane reads your mind. My check pilot was a California National Guard F16 pilot. He said the SF260 handles like the F16. It just fly's slower. We had the speeds up near the limit several times. At the merge with fight's on, about 350 kts closure speed. A couple of times I must have pulled over 4 G's. It doesn't take much. Was very uncomfortable. Picks up speed very fast when you point the nose down. I flew against Crash of SimHQ fame who wrote "How to Live and Die in the Virtual Sky. We each had 3 kills.Rob, I had told you I was going on this adventure. It was an absolute hoot. And worth every penny. I'll enjoy flying your Realair even more now. Thanks.Lou "Yoda" Mayers100th AFWBuddy Boys

It's a "blast" isn't it! I did the same thing with AirCombat about 5 years ago. Also went 3 & 3. My own biggest problem was getting close to stalling out in some climbing manuvers. I was more interested in getting my opponent, than glancing at the airspeed! :)L.Adamson