Sign in to follow this  

Microsoft FS2004 (and Hoorah for those that help)

Well ladies and gentleman we have been had by Microsoft once more, yes 2004 looks great has new fetures and runs better than its predacesor (yeah right). Typical Microsoft style add a some new fetures to an existing software, hype it up at every software show and website claim that the product is gold and ready for shipping. And when we get it, what do we get? NIGHTMARES. Access errors, graphics errors, syntex errors, and the best is when you call Microsoft Tech support, they give you one hundred and one excuses how your system is not right, neither the video card dosen't have the right drivers, you don't have enough ram, your drivers are not right. You Know for once I wish they would make a product out of the box that you install and does everything it says it does. I applaude all my fellow simmers in this forum and other forums, and all the designers of the shareware add ons that you post here, if it was not for you guys and gals out there FS would be a complete bomb. It took me a good month to get my FS2002 to work perfect with the addons and fixes you guys created, now I'll have to wait again (unfortunatly I am not as computer savy as alot of you guys)But what I am is a dedicated simmer and with that comes the MIcrosoft curse }(. They have done it to us from Windows to MS Word, to every other title that they make. I hope you guys whom designed add ons in the past will continue to do the great work, and the guys that are resoursfull will continue to help the less us that are not as witty. To my fellow simmers I tip my hat on a long road ahead, To Microsoft I hope you read this and learn something.