Sign in to follow this  

How to print out the manual and/or help files?

Guest bernse

I wanted to either email or burn the helpfiles and/or manual to a CD so I could print them on my office laser printer. However, I can't find them in the FS9 directory. I did a search for .pdf files. Any idea where they are and what they are called? I am especially interested in the GPS manual.

Guest Milamber

They are part of the sim itself. The only way to print them is to install the sim and run it.

>They are part of the sim itself. The only way to print them>is to install the sim and run it.nope!:-walksmile They are html files that you can open from the windows explorer and print them with the Internet Explorer or copy them to a Word processor.They are in the folder ..FS2004FSwebLearningCenterIn some folders you have the videos too, and you can open them from the Windows Explorer or the Windows Media Player directly (in this way you can view them a lot better and bigger than inside the Sim)

Guest bernse

Oh thats just swell. I don't have a printer at home (nor do I want to get one) so to print the help files I have to install the sim at work? Boy, thats nice. :(Thanks for the help though.

maybe you only need to localize the *.cab files of the CDs where are the html files of the manual, an open and extract them with Winzip...

Guest bernse

>>They are part of the sim itself. The only way to print them>>is to install the sim and run it.>>>nope!:-walksmile >>They are html files that you can open from the windows>explorer and print them with the Internet Explorer or copy>them to a Word processor.Great! Thanks!

Guest tgabriel

Actually you don't have to load it at work if you don't want to or, as in my cane, can't. Just copy the html files and their graphics (the whole folder at one time would be better) onto a CD/RW and open it on your machine at work. As long as the links to any images is still the same (images in the same folder that they were in the sim) then you should be able to look at the files through your browser at work. Just select FILE > OPRM > BROWSE and go to the CD/ROM drive and open your files.

I have found it for you:It's the file MSGAME2.CAB, and it's in the Cd one. 177 Mbs!, but better than a full install in your office, I guess...You have a little manual in pdf format in the same CD

My experience of Internet Exploder is that it prints poorly (text often 'falling off' the side of the page).I would recommend viewing and printing using Netscape Navigator as it automatically resizes the HTML page to fit your printed page. That is assuming NN will view these pages!Bottle