Sign in to follow this  
Guest slydon

Lago's emma field

Guest slydon

Has anyone tried installing emma field in 2004? I heard it would not work. I may get brave tomorow and try it.

Guest DannyBoy

I just say photos of Emma Field. It looks great. I wanted to get it for FS2004. But than I found this review by Andrew Herd at flightsim.com: :( "Scenery is something else. We still live with a generation of FS2000 sceneries that haven't been upgraded to suit FS2002 and the situation with FS2004 appears to be much worse. In extreme cases, scenery can cause an immediate crash to desktop (CTD), in much the same way as some aircraft add-ons do. Lago's Emma Field is a good example of an add-on that behaves like this, apparently because of incompatible dll files. Other sceneries appear to load OK, but don't show up and yet others do load, but with strange effects, missing objects, or such low frame rates that they are effectively unusable; but the most common problem is that sceneries don't appear. Why this should be so isn't clear, but the trouble seems to be pretty widespread and accounts for why you don't see any screen shots - but the good news is that texture based packages do seem to work and I managed to load the UK VFR Photographic Scenery without any trouble at all."So I'm going to wait till an update for Emma is out before I get it.Danny :-beerchug

Guest slydon

I have it and it is great in 2002 but I haven't got brave enough to install it in 2004. Don

Guess what, Emma Field was specifically designed for FS2002. FS2000 was never a factor...If Andy Hurt thinks it is he's either misinformed or has something against Lago.Emma Field is not YET FULLY compatible with FS2004, but will be upgraded to full functionality.This may take a bit longer than usual because of the complexity of the product as well as the plans to expend the package at the same time (most likely at no charge to existing users).EFFC Management.