Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbbarker

FS2004 Multi-Monitor Help

Guest rbbarker

I have an NEC MultiSync E750 and an AOC Spectrum 7Vlr running off of a GeForce TI4600 128. I also have a Compaq V50 running off of a generic SIS 3D card. Everything worked great in FS2002 under 1024x768. Now with FS2004, it seems to be a different method for selecting multiple monitors. Anyway, it sees the three monitors, and offers me an assortment of resolutions for the Compaq monitor and one of the monitors running off of the GeForce, but it only offers 800x600 on the other GeForce monitor and that's what everything defaults to. I've tried many things, updating monitor drivers, etc. My GeForce driver is 44.03. Nothing helps. I've looked into refresh rates, etc. No luck. I must be overlooking something. Any ideas?Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special Projects & KBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlines

Guest rbbarker

Another odd thing is that, although it appears to be functioning properly, my Compaq monitor on the generic card shows up 5 times in the device manager. I removed them, reinstalled it, and it again found 5 default monitors. What's that all about?Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special Projects & KBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlines

Guest rbbarker

Anybody think calling Microsoft Tech Support on this is a good idea?Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special Projects & KBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlines

Guest wkzzo

Boyd I have not purchased fs2004 yet because of the multi monitor problems already discussed on various forums.The problem Im hearing about is that you have to undock in windowed mode only and then switch back to full screen, but apparently sometimes when you do this some of the windows will close, and sometimes fs2004 locks up. I have a 3 monitor setup now that works flawlessly in fs2002 and am reluctant to go back to one 19" monitor after running 3 ,it seems like a downgrade instead of moving forward.I dont know if MS will fix this or if its a hidden setting somewhere in a cfg file, but for anyone running multi monitors its not good.

Guest rbbarker

Yeah, I've got all 3 monitors working. Panels on all of them, but I can't get out of 600x800! Yuck!Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special Projects & KBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlines