Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken Meier

FX 5900 install problems code 10 error

Guest Ken Meier

Hi all,I tried the hardware forum, but no replies.Just received a full boxed MSI FX 5900, upgrade from a GF4 4400. The drivers will not completely install. I get a code 10 error, This device will not start.I can get the drivers to install in safe mode and reboot to normal and all is OK till I adjust the resolution and it reverts to the same error.I removed the old drivers, even used Nasty File Remover each time.Anyone experience this? Windows XP / sp 1Asus A7N8X moboAMD XP 2800+2X512 DDR 400 ram

Guest Outer Marker

Ken,Are you installing the drivers that came in the box, or are you using the nVidia reference drivers? The ones you want are the 44.67 rather than the 44.03 ones. I believe you can get the latest drivers at www.alienware.com You will have to create a username and password, but the download is free.I recommend the latest drivers since FS2004 has the same info listed on their official website.

Guest Ken Meier

The error is in Windows, not just FS9. I didn't make that clear.I tried the 44.03 in the box as well as the 45.20's that everyone is saying that is needed to see the 2D panels.I'll try the 44.67's anywayThanks,K