Sign in to follow this  

PFD is off when Eng1 is shutdown...

HI !For curiosity, I shutted down engines 1&4 at my C-130 Hercules, seconds later, the PFD (primary flight display) is deactivated. Shouldn't it get enough electricity from the remaining engines and even if all engines failed, would not the "windflow" on the propeller blades be sufficient to deliver enough power to have some basic nav (and radio) instruments ? ? How can this be fixed in FS02 (did it change in FSCOF ?) somewhere in the aircraft.cfg ? ?Thank you

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not to correct you, but you "shutted" down? Sorry, maybe this is a correction. All kidding aside, the primary flight display ought to be controlled by the engines with the generators. But which one, or more engines have generators? I haven't a clue about which ones they may or may not be. I don't believe I have a C-130 in my sim hangar right now. Try to find out by trial and error on one at a time. Just shut down one and see if you can repeat the problem.And, if all engines fail, the "windflow..." Did you say windflow? Sorry again. The "windflow" does not provide power to an engine. Sorry. I don't think it works that way. Even if the engines are windmilling in MSFSim programs, or on real airplanes, they won't run the generators unless they are producing normal power. Did you ever notice (with the hood up) how fast the generator on your car turns, in comparison to the eninge speed? Pretty fast. Wish I could be of more help. Good luck with these electrical problems. And just wait and try to figure it out when you get total electrical failure with all the engines running. Now there is a good problem.