Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

FS9 observations

I've got less thatn an hour with the sim- a local flight from KTAN (my home) to KPVD and some circuits in the DC3 and 172. So far, thumbs up, and I do not expect that to change.The land class is better, but still off at my home- according to MS, I live in a really big swamp. They have the town center (Taunton is ~50k people) but my area near the airport isin't even woods.The internal Wx is nice, even if not the most up to date- distant clouds are way cool, and look good.ATC is far better so far, but compared to my loading up of AI traffic in FS2002, the defulat is paltry, but there appear to be more parking slots by default at most airports.Autogen is far superior to FS2002. More dense, and little performace hit.I see that the performace will be hit when I start adding all of my addons- be it PAI traffic (that'll kill me!) or more advanced aircraft- 737NG.Overall, the smoothness is there- it's amazing. compared to Fs2002 it's a world of difference, and the atmospherics are stunning. Go check out a sunset :)Overall, Id say that at default, performance is generally better than fs2002 on my system. However I have not run defult fs2002 in a very long time... and I never recall FS2002 being this smooth at any time.Tim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!