Sign in to follow this  

Fs2004 Jeppensen wx

How is it that when one downloads real time wx in fs2004 the visability is generally 50 miles, I checked airports that were wx inundated and fs2004 says were have a 50 mi view.Nick

Hi Nick,I've noticed that in 2002 and 2004. FS goes to Jep's site and downloads whatever is there at the time....there are quite a few times that I "think" Jeps database is a day or so behind, and then, there are days when it is spot on! For instance, last night I flew from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas. Here in Salt lake we had thunderstorms and a ceiling of about 10k....Jeps weather reported light winds, scattered clouds at 15k, and 30 mile vis! That would have been fine if it was 2pm, but this was 7! Ken

>How is it that when one downloads real time wx in fs2004 the>visability is generally 50 miles, I checked airports that>were wx inundated and fs2004 says were have a 50 mi view.Because the wx appears to be very inaccurate. At our local airport the temp always reports as 56 degrees; it's been in the low 80's around here. I try redownloading the weather but always get 56 deg. I wish there was a way to load METAR files so we could get the weather from other sources. I don't know if the problem lies with Jeppensen's data or FS2004.Scott