Sign in to follow this  

Graphics oddity. Please help.

This is hard to explain but I didn't notice it in FS2002.When I am up in the air and moving, I see a bunch of lines moving on the buildings and such. I tried to increase the resoultion and this helped get rid of alot of it but it looks weird. It looks like this only happens in 2D items such as buildings and trees.I have tried every possible configuration to eleviate this. Can anyone enlighten me as to what is causing this?Turnip

Are you referring to that irritating shimmering effect on the facades of buildings? I'm getting it too and not sure what can remove it.Looks like a visual effect normally seen when observing objects above a hot asphalt road.

Yes, that is it. I didn't notice it in FS2002. It's real irratating as I have tried everthing I know to get rid of it.Turnip

I have also noticed that it disappears when you are in a bank. Straight and level is where it is happening.Turnip

BUMP Anyone else having this problem???

Turnip.I still see some of the roof bleed on the terminals, but not what you are describing...I tried to make it happen by adjusting all sorts of settings, but, nope.card? drivers?I'm running an FX5200 on a MSI KT4Ultra 2.8g board with 1 gig 333 DDram.

If you have your mip map settings higher than 4 (on geforce 4xxx anyway) It will cause this shimmer effect because it's not blurring the textures as much the further away you are from them. Basicly higher mipmap settings = more shimmer but shaper textures and lower settings = more blurry but less shimmer. The mipmap setting can be controls under the display settings in the hardware tab. Turning on anisotropic filtering can help too but at a huge performance cost on anything but the ATI 9700/9800 and the Geforce FX.

I'll give it a try and repost results here. ThxTurnip