Sign in to follow this  
Guest DonaldS

I crashed 7 or 8 perfectly good DC-3's last night

Guest DonaldS

HelloI am bound and determined to master the DC-3 in Flight Sim 2004 (COF/FS9) and went through about 7 or 8 perfectly good DC-3's last night.The main problem is that I do not have rudder pedals. Well, actually I do, but they are not USB and therefore won't work on my new computer. (I already contacted the computer mfg about that fact. They said, "Sorry.")Anyhow, ground steering is extremly difficutl using the differential braking (F11 and F12) with throttle and joystick. I also had to buy a new USB. The only joystick I could find the Microsoft Sidewinder. (I live in very rural Nebraska.) The SideWinder is the one without ForceFeed. It uses the darnest method for throttle I have ever seen. It is a "flip" switch (up and down) on the base. (It is NOT the little wheel that goes clockwise and counter clockwise) http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid7...44/fb815c3b.jpgAnyhow I'm now working on DC-3 number 9. Above picture was taken instantly after a wheels up landing.I am eventually buy rudder pedals (usb) and perhaps a new joystick. (CH?) A yoke will not physically work due to the way I have my computer set up.Regards,Don S