Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anubis

Tileproxy WITH AutoGen?

Guest Anubis

As avid TileProxy user, I am aware of the fact you can't have AutoGen and TileProxy at the same time. I am accustomed (and I immensely like) to fly with TP and being able to identify objects or places either already visited in RL, or found on a map, however, last week-end I spent a few hours practicing countless touch-and-go with my trusty Rutan Long-EZ, flying circuits around a small airport in central France and as I had booted the pc without pressing F8, TP was disabled.Well, after a while, flying always not higher than 1500' I begin to appreciate A LOT what AutoGen was doing. I could see power towers, trees, lot of houses (some well different compared to others)... Those 3D references were helping me a lot to roughly evaluate the altitude and picked up a couple of houses to use as "turning points" for my circuit.The next day I redid the same exercise with TP. It was ... flat. I had a lost of lot of useful references and I had the impression I was flying over an original 3D world squashed like a giant pancake.Is there ANY way to have AutoGen and TP?It would really be the best of both worlds... Reading other threads I have found that any manually placed object (such as landmarks) is always visible, even with TP, but that isn't true for objects placed by AutoGen. However, I understand AutoGen places objects according to predefined information that tells it something like "here you can place an house such-and-such" which are associated to the tiles. Maybe there is a way to retain those information, having TP feeding the tiles (replacing the original FSX ones) yet keeping the AutoGen-related information associated to the original FSX tiles.Christian? Anything in that direction could come in the next release?Thanks,Paolo

Guest cbuchner1

try installing the freely available .AGN files that volunteers made for Switzerland Professional.one AGN per .BMP tile.I believe these AGNs need to reside in the Tileproxy Photoreal World folder right next to the .bmp files that make up the photorealistic scenery.There are tools to create your own AGNs, but it is tedious.The file format is not properly documented, so it's hard to generate AGNs based on automated image analysis.Christian

Guest Anubis

Hello Christian,Thanks for your reply. I have Switzerland Professional (after all, I live there :-)), however I understand that Switzerland Professional does not rely on AutoGen to populate the environment, everything (or most of it) is hand-placed, so it is like to have an huge number of landmarks, is that correct?What I was meaning is to have somehow the AutoGen (that, the pseudo-randomly placed) objects co-existinging with the TileProxy tiles. AFAIK FSX does generate those objects before and during the flight, but those objects are volatile, in the sense they are not stored somewhere on the HD (this is the difference compared to landmarks, they are static and permanent). Now, let's imagine for a moment that there is some way to save those volatile objects in files, just like landmarks. The generation would be an offline process, done not when FSX is running.Once those files are stored, then they would be used also when TP is running: so one would have the photorealistic scenarios of TP and on top of it the -now static- AutoGen objects generated offline, visible just like landmarks.Does it make (some) sense?Paolo

Guest Anubis
Hi Anubis,I would also fly with TP and AutoGen.I asked a few people and there is one great tool: Whisplacer.http://lc0277.nerim.net/wiki/index.php?whisplacerBut you have to put every autogen thing manually, that a big disadvantageRegardsChris
Thanks, however that would mean to place everything manually, which is a nightmare...Paolo