Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Okay, Bicker Break!!!!

I have read over the weekend about freeware/payware, FS2004 sucks/doesn't suck, Tips for tweaking everything except on how to make the computer go up and clean up after ourselves after we have spent all week "benchmarking".Now, on Sunday, before we all have to go to work, it is time for a break. A nice little flight that will put everything into perspective and the reason why we all love flight simming in the first place.Perhaps it's been my experience with FS2004, or perhaps I found some sweet spot with my video card, but running FS2002, seems to have more giddyup now then it used to. But besides the point, whether you go in FS2002, or FS2004, you are still in for a treat.There is a flight in the Alaskan Floatplane pilot adventure called McKinley Tour that starts out at Merrill Field in Anchorage, and goes up north into Denali and allows you to go up Ruth Glacier, fly around the mountain, back down Kahlama Glacier (I believe) and land in Lake Chelatna. After that, you fly back down to Merrill and land.This flight is absolutely breath taking, and I have no idea why I have not flown it before. I used to Live in Seattle, and I know that FS doesn't do Mount Rainier any justice, but if this flight is just 1 percent of what it must be like, that has got to be an absolutely breathtaking flight, and if I had the means, would definitely charter someone to copy it for me.This flight is like a warm bath. Let it wash over you. Set your Flight Sim prior to starting so you don't have to twittle or tweak and just enjoy. I was using FS2002 standard with FS Sky World SE, along with weather maker. On the way up Ruth Glacier, ran into some chop at about 8000 FT, and broke through it at about 11,000. The passengers were a bit nervous, but I calmed them down. Went around the mountain at about 13,000 and had smooth air and plenty of photo opportunities, then it was down Kahlama Glacier. Hit the chop on the way back down, but the PAX were ready for it and actually enjoyed it this time. Also, the Glacier looked like a long inviting runway, so they knew we wouldn't hit anything. Then turned around Nugget Bench and landed in Lake Chelatna.While the PAX are munching on a box lunch and enjoying this magnificent strech of unspoiled beauty, I am busy writing this forum and downloading some Auto Gen tree's to make the mountain sceneries look a bit more forested.After that, it's up to about 5000 ft for a smooth ride back into Merrill.So drop your benchmarking, stop tweaking the sliders, and take a nice ride up into beautiful Alaska. This is what it is all about baby.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"So drop your benchmarking, stop tweaking the sliders, and take a nice ride..."Very nicely said. We bought this thing to fly. We should every once in a while. :-lolDave Spurlock

I agree, we all need to fly our sims sometimes instead of trying to find the next 'uber tweak,' or argue a useless topic over something that means nothing.