Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Why am I seeing Jaggies with 4xaa on my 5900 Ultra?

Guest bradley

At certain angles the jaggies are just horrendous. I have everything practically maxed out, but at certain angles the jaggies look so awful. It

Hello,I'm using an FX5900 (not the ultra) with the 44.03 drivers. I have Win 98Se so there really aren't a lot of higher options other than the beta 44.04's.I generally use the 4xS setting with AA turned off in the FS9 menu. Supposedly 4xS gives approx. 4X AA with only the frame rate hit of 2x. Like you I use AF at 4. I can't say that I noticed terrible jaggies at any angle. I have other problems though with 2D menus showing as black without some FS9.cfg editing.Are you running WinXP? Maybe there is a difference based on OS?Sounds like the sim is not registering your Display options.I'm really impressed with the frame rates I'm getting with the FX5900. I hope we can all figure out a solution to these display glitches.

Guest bradley

Me too!Thanks for the response. I'm sure some new drivers will get us back up to par or better yet, 1 or 2 under!!:-badteeth

Guest PaulL01

Hi,Make sure you are in full screen mode.Also use 4xs(super sampling) which is better than 4x, and no it wont give you less of a hit than 4x, it will be more.there is Quincunx that was giving better AA close to 4x but like 2x performance but the quality is still way off the mark.Use 4xS.

Guest jabberthecat

>Hello,>>I'm using an FX5900 (not the ultra) with the 44.03 drivers. I>have Win 98Se >I'm really impressed with the frame rates I'm getting with the>FX5900. I hope we can all figure out a solution to these>display glitches.>Hi,can you tell me alittle about you FX5900 experience - what is your CPU and did you upgrade to the FX5900? if so from what?Thanks - I am thinking about the FX5900 and simply lookingfor alittle boost in frame rate, but mostly the ability to run4xAA and 4 or 4 AF without a frame rate hit. Currently running aGF4-ti4600 on an AMD XP2000 - pretty much limited to 2xAA 2xAF or elsethe frames really drop.- Myles