Sign in to follow this  

Nvidia Detonator's?

I've just replaced my Ti 4200 64mb (It's fried) with a new GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 128mb and I'm not thrilled with the performance. My old Ti would easily keep up with, if not beat, this new card...First, I was unable to use the drivers supplied on the disc that came with the card. They made my screen go nuts with evenly spaced vertical lines and other oddities.. so I'm now using the 44.03's.I've tried going back to the 30.82's and the 41.09's - but the installers tell me "No Nvidia chips detected" and it dumps the install. I'm running a P4 2.26g w/512mb and Win98se.Does anyone have any suggestions about what drivers work well with this FX card?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The 45.20 drivers at Gure are designated for XP... do you think these will work for 98SE?Thanks, Jim

Well... I just took that FX 5200 back to the store.. BestBuy had a Ti4200 128mb left over and I grabbed it.Now I'm back to familiar drivers and the performance of the ol' Ti on 41.09's is far better than that FX.BTW... they credited by card back $45 during the exchange!