Sign in to follow this  
Cactus521

Is there a way to....

GEt third party landclass to exclude the ground scenery around the enhanced defult airports (JFk PHX and the like?) I'm using third party landclass and I lose teh aerial photo tiles that lie under thse airports, and would like to keep them, as they make a real difference when flying into these airports.Tim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, you can....Scenery is laid out into a hierarchy, and the higher scenery overrides all members lower in the hierarchy. When placing landclass files, you want to place them lower in the hierarchy than photoreal. That will allow the photoreal to be seen "on top" of the landclass.. -John

Understood, but when the default is what I want to retain and lose the default landclass?Tim

The default landclass exists in one file--worldlc.bgl, which sits at the bottom of the scenery chain, so to speak. You want to place your landclass between that and the scenery region which contains the photoreal scenery. In the case of FS2004, that's between the default scenery and the scenery entry for JFk, as an example.Your landclass file will override the default for the area it covers, and the photoreal will override your landclass file..-John