Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

Multiple Runway's in use + FS??

Hi, I've been wondering now why FS has not been taking advantage of multiple runways in FS2004. Let me give you an example:As you may know at Newark Liberty Int'l (EWR) in NJ there are 3 runways: 4R, 22L - on a normal operation day is used for Arrivals 4L, 22R - on a normal operation day is used for Departures 11, 31 - on a normal operation day is used for GA & CO XpressToday I was flying from EWR to CMH and I was taking off on RW 22R, but I was holding short to a Cesna followed by an MD-80. This should not have happened, The MD-80 should have landed on RW 22L and the cesna should have landed on RW 11/31 and I have had simular problems taking off and landing at other airports. Now, I know that sometimes if the weather is not perfect (which has been happening a lot @ EWR) ATC will move all traffic to 1 RW, could this have been the case?Airports usually have an Right and Left runway to make traffic flow smoother and more safetly, am I correct? Let me know if anyone else is having this problem?Thanks in advance to everyone!Happy FlyingPaul

Guest tcable

It seems to depend on the airport. KBOS uses one runway, but if there are parallel runways, they usually use both- KJFK today was using 13L for arrivals and departures, and departures only on 13R. However I love it when aircraft call out that they are 30 miles out on the ILS- A) calling tower that far out:( recieveng the ILS at that range!Tim