Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yoram777

Help..need fssound.dll for FS9

Hi, I just installed an add-on plane for FS9 which apparently had the fs2k2 fssound.dll file in the zip file. I get an error msg every time I start FS9 about the file may being incompatible. Can some good soul out there please e-mail me the FS9 fssound.dll file? ..its very small :) My email address is ybzalel@nyc.rr.com..Thanks very much. Yoram

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,I have a question. It seems apparent that you already have the file because you get that message. Please check your 'Flight Simulator 9 FS9Modules' folder and see if you have the file in there. There is no newer version of the file for anyone to send you if you already have it. Do you have it? If so, to get rid of the message you need to edit your FS9.cfg file. First see if you have a an OldModules section in there... if not add this.{OldModules} (use brackets instead of curly braces, the forum didn't allow me to type in brackets)FSSound.dll=1If you already have the section.. then just add FSSound.dll=1 underneath the section.If you didn't already have the file, my mistake and apologies.You might want to look at this thread also...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=125150&page=3Hope that helps,Jimmy Richards

Hi Jimmy, Thanks very much for your response. I thought I had over written the fssound.dll file that came w FS9,but apparently ir wasn't part of FS9 to begin with. I added the section in the FS9.cfg file like you showed me(thanks again). Is the fssound.dll file really neccessary to have? Maybe some addon planes need it for there sound..dunno. Best regards, Yoram