Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nathan Palmer

Post your best so far CoF flight story

Guest Nathan Palmer

The set up:Cessna 172VCwith FSFailureFSGensis TerrainAuto Gen set on very denseSkys Clearvis 6nmI take off and am enjoying a nice VFR flight when I lose my engine via FSFailure. I have the realism set to 1 in 5000 chance every min so I am not expecting to loose power but that one in 5000 chance just happened while at cruise of 2700ft alt and about 1700 above ground. Now with having a check list I quickly go thru the emergency list for lost of power and now with a clickable VC I can do a complete flow shutting of fuel and turning off all the other things. Now with the new auto gen I really have to look for a place to land and streets arent an option because of light poles. With the added terrain I also am looking for flat. I find a place and make it but the feeling was a rush. I told myself that with this new sim I would not crash...ever. So thanks to all the great new features of CoF with the world no longer being flat and can land anywhere along with being able to do all the flows of a shut down and the addons this sim rocks!NPThanks MSand thanks to all the addon developers