Sign in to follow this  

Joystick configuration

Just bought FS9 (which is my first copy in the MSFS series). My last venture into the world of GA flight sim was with Flight unlimited 2 which gave me hours upon hours of pleasure .Now running FU2 under Win98, I was able to use my Cyborg Joystick in connection with my suncom SFS throttle which is the one with split throttle levers and oddle of buttons and switched on it.Running FS9 under Windows 2000, I can't get the axis assigned properly when calibrating under control panel. X/Y no problem. Throttle is the ruight hand throttle lever on the suncom and Rudder if the left hand throttle lever on the suncom. The throttle and twist grip on the cyborg are ignored. Am I doing something wrong ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have just done some research (should have done it first) and it appears that suncom no longer exists and the throttle don't work past windows 98....Is this correct ? Surely someone out there must be using this wonderful piece of kit with FS9 (or at least in windows 2000).Would buying a USB joystick so it is not connected into the throttle joyport get around this ?or am i going to have to disconnect it and put it up in the loft to gather dust *sigh* ?