Sign in to follow this  
Guest ssurjap

Bad FPS in clouds? - GPU to blame?

Hi everyone...I'm having a great time with FS2k4, just with a minor problem... clouds.They really kill my framerates.... and so I thought of upgrading my Ti4200 and replace it for a Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB.Do you guys think it will help the performance inside the clouds?Whenever I set an overcast layer, my fps go down to around 10, which is bad and doesn't give a smooth sim. I've tried reducing the cloud sliders, and it helps, but then the overcast isn't an overcast anymore.Should the Radeon help me with that?System specs as follows:Pentium 4 2.4 GHz512 MB RAM DDR 266 MHzGeForce 4 Ti4200 128 MBThanks for your help guys___________________________________________________ Lu

Guest ssurjap

It should, but make sure you have the latest drivers. Also do a search for the video card issues all over this forum.