Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimbofly

FS2004 - Flight School Training

I'm something of a novice when it comes to MSFS, but I find that the flight training very often just gets to a certain point then refuses to continue. A classic example is the first set of training, "ascent and descent". I've done this several times now. FIrst time, the instructor booted me for not concentrating, but that was quite a way in. OK, that was my fault. Since then, every subsequent attempt, I just run out of new instructions. I get to a certain point then the instructor just "bails out", and lets me go on forever. I had exactly the same problem with MSFS 2002, which, frankly, is why I didn't stay with that very long either. I'm prepared to accept that it may be me rather than a bug (we all know that MS products don't have bugs, don't we?), so if anyone can provide any guidance, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Guest Jimbofly

Hi!Chances are it is a bug, and a rather annoying one at that! I have to be honest with you, the best way to learn to fly in FS2004 (as with any other flight sim) is to simply fly. Take the plane out and throw it around as much as possible. Take the aircraft to every possible extreme of its flight envelope!Take it from me, you'll enjoy the scenery a lot more and you'll find yourself doing things you never even thought possible! Practising aerobatics, for instance, is a fantastic way to understand flight more thoroughly. If you want to really improve your flying, take a chopper to the skies! They are considerably more difficult to fly than fixed-wing aircraft, but after several weeks on one you'll feel like you're riding a bike! Then when you get into a fixed wing aircraft, you'll find that in a week you'll be flying one like a pro!I've never done the lessons in any version of FS, but I've read a lot of aviation theory and I've flown thousands of virtual hours, and I can tell you I've learned an incredible amount.Just my two cents! Tell me how you go.James