Sign in to follow this  

Tower Lights in FS9

Last Night while flying VFR down the Outer Banks to Kill Devil Hills, I noticed that the towers were not lit. Flying south from Currituck, you can follow the towers to Nags Head. I see the rotating beacons at airports, but no tower/antenna lights.Has anyone else noticed that towers are not lit? Is it my settings? I flew over the "Three Brothers" at Driver, VA (Three one thousand foot broadcast towers). These were unlit also. I can't find a tower that is lit. I searched the forum and could not find anything on this.Most FS9 sliders maxed.Asus M/b 266FSBAMD XP2100+1 Gig of DDR RamSB Live Gamer XGeforce FX 5900 Ultra (256 MB) 45.23 DriverCH Yoke and Pedals (USB)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

OK, I flew right up to the towers, within half a mile at one thousand feet, (one thousand feet towers) and I can see the obstruction beacon. The towers are lit; the range of visibility is terrible. If you were in a performance aircraft, you'd hit them before you saw them. I looked in the .cfg file to see see if there was a setting for the OBS lights like there is for the landing lights, no joy.This is going to make it hard for VFR Night Training. A lot of people use MSFS for familiarity prior to night flying and it seems FS9 went for the night eye candy as opposed to useful navigation aids. I thought the towers in FS2002 were lit a little too bright compared to what I see in the cockpit at night. Now FS9 has gone off the bell curve in the opposite direction with towers that are 'barely lit'. Anyone have any ideas?Dennis Mitchell