Sign in to follow this  
Guest Henri W

Blue static at 1600x1200 w/ radeon 9800 pro

I'm getting all sorts of blue "static" on screen at all resolutions higher than 1024x768 in fs9. It's like lines and dots of blue (especially noticeable at night).A few details:Frame rates are actually higher at 1600x1200, so I would love to run at this resolution, except for the blue flickering dots.I have tried every combination of aa & af; all seem to produce the same "static".It happens both in windowed and full screen mode.It dissappears entirely at 1024 x 768.I am using the latest drivers from ATI's site. (Catalyst 3.6 or something like that 6.14.10....)Different Mip map levels don't affect it. It happens in all view modes (vc, panel, outside views).AA is unchecked in fs9...currently running 2xaa, 4xaf in drivers.All other games and applications run in 1600x1200 just fine.I have two monitors on my system, both LCD's..20inch & 15inch dell ultrasharps. The 20inch is primary, and it's where I experience the static. Haven't tried the other monitor as primary.My system:dell 4500p4 2.531gb ddr 333ati radeon 9800 prosblive!Any ideas would be much appreciated!Thanks,Jesse

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Could be the monitors not keeping up. Can you change the refresh rate? Try it on a CRT if you have one available.

I'll try turning v-sync on...maybe that will help. There is only 1 refresh rate available for that resolution and bit depth on this monitor, and I don't have a CRT cabable of displaying 16x12. Fs2002 ran at 16x12 just fine, though, so I doubt it's a monitor issue.Thanks for any other help any of you might offer.Jesse

Thanks, Bigshot!Your suggestion got me going in the right direction. In fact, V-sync enabled completely solved the problem I was experiencing. Can't believe I didn't try it earlier. Thanks again.Jesse