Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kurt

FS2004 Water - An improvement.

I was playing around with the water settings in FS2K4 just yesterday, and I noticed that the water actually looks better when you set water effects to "none"! I don't particularly like the reflective effects of the FS2004 water, and it looks strange when its a milky colour, but when you set water effects to "none", the colour looks a whole lot better and the water actually looks quite realistic.The waves lapping against the coast are still there, and the ripples on the water look amazing! I also get a boost in FPS.I'd like to know what other people have found with the water, and what your opinions are.James

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i agree.. the reflections of the fs2004 suck ..the water looks like ice .. or mercury heheheim trying to get that reflection files fixed so the color of the sea remains intack with the reflections on it.. but the reflection engine of 2004 doesnt make any shadow in the waves like the fs2002 did .. so if you dont mind to fly without reflections it looks way better .. hehehenote: try ocean fx.. it looks fantastic.. but i **THINK** it consumes a bit frames... tiny amount thoug.. but it worth the fantastic lookit can be found in avsim

Have you tried replacing the 11 env_ series .bmp files (env_dawn.bmp to env_predawn.bmp) with the ones from FS2002. There was also a replacement set released for FS2002 (new_envo.zip) by Gerrit Kranenbarg.Kurt M

Howdy,Yep, tried one version (enviro2), but ... no show, unfortunately. :-(