Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

What is causing this?

When I turn the GPS on- everything turns into molasses and I have to end flight and then continue to get everything smooth again. This is even after I close the GPS window. Do you think I need more processor power, video card power or ram? In other words is this a memory issue. I am thinking that my processor is being overworked in this instance. xp1600radeon 8500le 512mb ram sdramwindows 98seThanks,Todd

You don't specify which GPS (FS2002 or FS2004).... But in both cases, you want to make sure that the zoom level isn't too far out. I usually set my zoom level to around 20 miles.There is also a chance that the gps entry is messed up in some way. This is especially true if you have your own (saved) default flight. In that situation, you can edit the flt file, and remove the gps entries under the gps section. Do the same to any gps entries in FS2002.cfg or FS9.cfg. MSFS will then launch the gps with its default settings.I was getting a DW a few months back every time I launched MSFS--turned out to be the gps info saved in the default flight, combined with a panel which displayed the gps full time. I hope this helps....-John