Sign in to follow this  
Guest DevilDogSquadron

MAAM-SIM, FSX and Windows 7- Resolved?!

Guest DevilDogSquadron

After many hours of tinkering with Windows 7's....idiosyncrasies...I finally got it to recognize my Devil Dog (MAAM's 'Briefing Time' with my beloved Devil Dog repaint). Here goes:INSTALLATION:Install from CD (if you have a downloaded .zip file, extract it first and then run the FS9.exe as normal)Install to (default, or whatever you choose) C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Fight Simulator X *Note-don't make the painfully obvious mistake that I made 10,000 times...don't just change the path from "../Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9" to "../Flight Simulator X"...MAKE SURE you change it to "../Microsoft Flight Simulator X"Then, carefully install the FSX updates and glass fix, if needed.Launch FSX. Go to "Free Flight" and look for your plane/publisher/etc...it should be there, so choose it. You may get a string of "unknown application" run-cautions....so, run each one as "trusted programs". I had a dozen or so...and you're done (hopefully...but, if not, read on).The issue is buried within the "FSX.cfg" file, which, oddly, is found far from the sim itself...it is in C:/Users/appdata/Microsoft blah blahOpen it with a text editor (Notepad) and scroll to the very end...look for {Trusted} and it's listed paths. IF your add-on (e.g., BT) and all of its gauges and whatever is listed in a stack of paths ending with strings of random alphas (e.g., "ehatsudfinhsyegdkdipkj=2") then you are in business.POSSIBLE, BUT UNCONFIRMED "TRUSTED INSTALLER" FIX" (UBER-KUDOS TO OPA!!!):Follow Opa's directions regarding that issue. You are on your own there, HOWEVER...I followed the directions and changed the administrator-permissions-access settings as noted in the "Trusted.." fix on EACH of these folders:C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X-the "B-25J Briefing Time" install executable (if possible to copy it from CD to a Temp file and execute it from there manually, follow the same directions about the Security/Ownership issue that Opa resolved in another post)-all other related .exes, e.g. FSX Update, Glass Fix, etc.I'm not absolutely sure which of these actions finally fixed it, but I can finally fly my cherished Dog from her home strip..18R at KGTU.I very much hope it works for any of you trying to fly the wonderful MAAM-Sim aircraft...in FSX...in Windows 7.Blessings upon Opa for nailing the first real clue.Land Safely.Eric