Sign in to follow this  

Strange phenomenon...

Just take a look at this and tell me: is this really a bug, or can my problem be solved? because I notice that it's all the same in fs2004 as in fs2002. if it is a bug, it is a serious one, and should have been fixed long ago!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/31009.jpgJust took off from the airport in Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway.The more you go north, the more fs freaks out... it looks like the ground is moving 10000 mph when you're at the north pole! (while other objects like terrain and airports lie still)So, is this a bug, or can it be fixed by manipulating settings?It's really annoying./Erik

Guest outtatimeiii

Its just the scenery engine. It said in the FS2002 readme that it does this. Also if you notice, theres no Autogen up there either. You found out the FS Scenery engine's flaw, and it cannot be fixed without a complete rewrite of code (which would of made all FS2002 scenery almost incompatible in FS2004). I dont think it will be fixed anytime soon, because theres not really many airports at that kind of latitude. Annoying, yes, but theres not much anyone can do about it.Oh and BTW, that pic isn't supposed to be that big. Generally, the moderators do not like that LOL.

Ok, I apologize to the moderators then :) It was just a raw screenshot, and it was within the size-limit specified.Anyway... I think this bug is really serious. Ok, so they have to rewrite the code for the scenery engine, but then get on with it! :) Better sooner than later... because I take it it's gonna happen sometime in the future. I seriously regret buying my copy, 'cos I took for granted that such an obvious bug would be fixed in this new release. That about the ground moving was the only thing I really hated about FS2002. And yes, there isn't many airports at this latitude, but what if one would like to try taking on a fligt across the pole? Maybe land at the pole?I realize now, that there isn't really much in FS2004 that makes it worth buying, except for the weather, which most people won't be able to experience fully anyway, since it seems to require a damn good computer.//Erik