Sign in to follow this  

how do I not loose my mind with the instrument checkride?????

Please help me since the instrument checkride is driving mecrazy .I don't seem to be able to enter the holding pattern correctly .I now that I do the right circuit ,i.e.the 140 radial means a holdingpattern where one does the inbound leg with heading 320 ,turns right over the VOR and flies the outbound leg at hdg 140 .What doesn't work out for my bloody virtual examiner (god how I hateher voice by now!@#^%$#@@)is my parallel entry in the pattern .I cross the VOR normally at hdg 155 turn left to 140 for 1 minute andthen proceed to turn left to 280 to intercept the 320 inbound .For the life of me I don't know why in this turn I keep hearing thatI didn't pass the checkride with the notice that I didn't enter theholding pattern correctly???????????????????????????????????????Now I tried all different timings after croossing the VOR like 10sec before turning to 140 and then 1 minute ,or I tried 10 sec before turning to 140 and then 50 seconds before turning in .I tried procedure turns and 30 degree turns .Please can someone tell me what stupid parameter (by the way altitude and speed are always checked and ok )I'm missing so thatI may loose this obsession and finally enjoy this wonderful program again .Thanks , Paolo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!