Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

G2D.dll Fatal Error

When I am running FS2004 its seems that at random times I get this message that says FS had a fatal error in g2d.dll and that it has to close. I have the latest drivers for all my hardware. I already tried replacing it from the CD, but it didn't help. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? My system specs are:AMD Athlon XP2400+ 2.2Ghz512Meg PC2100 RAMShuttle AK35GTR MotherboardNvidia Geforce 4 TI4400

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do a search on AVSIM using G2D.dll as your keyword and you'll get a lot of info on this error. This error occurred several times in FS2K2 due to a corrupted scenery.cfg or corrupted .bgl files in your scenery folder. Did you just add a new scenery to FSCOF? The .bgl files may not be compatible with FSCOF. Check your scenery.cfg file in your main FS9 folder and make sure all areas/layers are numbered sequentually. Hope this helps.Jim

I haven't installed any scenery yet. I'll do a search and see what else I can find.EDIT: I searched the forums and couldn't find anything.

I should have stated to do a search within this forum instead of AVSIM. Sorry. I had 15 hits. Since you haven't installed any new scenery, perhaps one of the solutions within the 15 hits I found will work. Sorry I can't be of any further help.Jim