Sign in to follow this  

FS9 Multi Monitors & 3D - A work around

This is my first post so bear with me. I have read a few of the Multi Monitor problem posts and they helped me along. So it is time to give something back.Tired of reshuffling extra panles around on multiple monitors - I was, until I discovered this work around:1. Load up FS9 & your favourite aircraft2. Start a flight & go to a Windowed main panel.3. Open up your extra panel windows, move them to your other monitor(s) and resize making sure you leave an allowance for the Windows frames which will disapear in full screen mode.4. Save the flight!!!!! MOST IMPORTANT5. Switch to 3d mode and check the position of your extra windows.6. If you need to adjust, go back to Windows mode and CTL-C out of FS9 - DO NOT RESAVE THE FLIGHT.7. Restart FS9 and the flight you saved (you should be in Windowed mode with your extra panels showing as you left them on your other monitor(s)).8. Re-adjust your extra panels and then SAVE AGAIN, then recheck in Full screen.REPEAT steps 6-8 until satisfied with positioning of extra panels.9. When happy, kick off FS9 with your saved flight and go to full screen mode with your extra panels where you left them. Have a good flight BUT DO NOT GO BACK TO WINDOWED MODE AND DO NOT SAVE THE FLIGHT AGAIN.10. At the end of every flight slip back into windowed mode and CTL-C out of FS9. Yes, the extra panels will resurface on the main panel window, this is no problem provided you don't save again.11. Repeat the whole process with other aircraft. This is working for me. My trusty C421, now an ATC "GOLDEN EAGLE" rather than just a "TWINCESSNA" with modified panels, thanks to Todd and a bit of my own sculpting, are now careening around the skies with just one ALT-ENTER at the start of each flight to set the extra panels up on my second monitor. We are all creatures of habit and these new procedures may take some getting used too. So it would be a good idea to make 2 copies of a set up plane with different flight names, just in case we do an inadvertent Save out of habit. I run an Nvidia FX5600 with 256Mb and 43.25 drivers. However, this shouldn't affect this tip as the ball is obviously in MS's court to relieve this pain in the posterior. Yellowjack

An amendement to my work around proceduresSorry folks, I left a step out of these procedures. Please include the following step after step 5.Step 5A: Go back into Windowed mode (this appears to lock the full screen mode panel window positions into place. Then for the second time undock your extra panels and move and resize them into your extra monitor. THEN SAVE FLIGHT. This locks the windowed extra panels in place.I have noticed on one occassion that, on starting a flight in windowed mode, as you must to get this to work, the extra panels weren't showing. But, after pressing SHIFT + panel number they showed up on the second monitor as I had left them.Caution: Remember that before leaving FS9 you must go into Windowed mode.Yellowjack