Sign in to follow this  

IFR ATC Problem YBBN

Anyone tried an IFR flight from YBBN north yet?I tried today & found that atc hands you off to control on 119.8 which happens to be the ATIS for Maroochy. So once you contact Bn control on this frequency they reply & then the ATIS message begins & continues to loop not allowing you to reply to atc instructions. This inevetibly ends up with a cancelled flight plan, a request to change frequency at which point you are able to re lodge your flight plan somewhat defeating the "real as it gets" feeling.If anyone knows of a work around I would like to hear it as I consider this a major stuff up as my home town is Brissy & I do a lot of flying to & from it. Especially north as I used to fly this for real (VFR) quite regularly some years ago.This is one of several anomolies I have found in Queensland alone.Must say the weather, scenery & terrain are vast improvements however.Rossco

Guest artl

I finally got FS9 sort-of working with a "compact" install.I have not had that particular problem, but there is definitely something in ATC that will trigger an enless loop.On an IFR flight CYWG-CYQT, a "Piper N88504" requests clearance through a Bravo airspace, is cleared, then repeatedly keeps asking and keep getting cleared, until I finally get handed off to another controller, and switch frequency.Art.

I found a work around for this by not changing frequency after acknowledging atc's direction to select the new frequency.A friend of mine with the program also does not appear to have the problem however despite a re install I still have it. Hopefully when the new AFCAD program is released I will be able to fix this for my machine at least.